Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Blowhards


I watched a lot, way too much, cable news in the election cycle, so I am really glad its over. Cable news makes my brain hurt more than a little. In the normal course of events I get my news primarily from NPR and the internet but I got caught up in the fever. I can't cope with the yelling. I can't. I love noise, but I hate the yelling.

A good example considering my personal political persuasions is Olberman. 80% of the content of his show is of some interest to me, but I do not need Olberman, or anyone else to tell me what to think of what the news is, I just need the facts. I also don't need host and guest(s) winking at me like we are all in on the same thing. It is demeaning. I have similar feelings about things like the Huffington Post. I can get a lot of the type of facts I seek there but it sure feels a little dirty to me.

For me, I need NPR. Good reporting done in vocal tones that soothe and sedate. Aaah. Schwetty Balls anyone?

No comments: