Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Lieberman



There has been a whole bunch of ballyhoo about Joe Lieberman lately regarding the Senate Democrats choosing to let Lieberman maintain his chair of the Homeland Security committee and in general, not booting him out of the caucus. It seems that lots of progressive types seem to really have their panties in a bunch over the issue, which is a big waste of time in my opinion.

I dislike Lieberman to the point that the man does things to my gag reflexes if I have the misfortune of seeing him on the tv. However I really aCheck Spellingm unmoved by all the complaints. I appreciated Harry Reid's sentiment that an act of revenge on Lieberman would have rung hollow in the midst of all the work the nation faces (big paraphrase there). Also, I wish all the lefty talking heads would calm down. Obama expressed the view that He wishes to keep Lieberman in the caucus and right now that'll do for me. I am someone with no small view of his own intellect and for now I am happy to bask in the comfort of a president who finally seems way smarter than myself.

In the campaign it took a while for me to adjust to the idea that Obama and crew knew what they were doing. Remember thinking why aren't they fighting back? Remember realizing that Obama was being, in the words of Dana, "boring like a fox" in the debates, even when you wanted him to belittle McCain?

The higher ground feels good. The air smells fresher up here. Let's stay a while

No comments: